The IV AMMCS International Conference
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | August 20-25, 2017
Venue & Accommodation
The conference will be taking place in the Lazaridis Hall (abbreviated as LH) located on the Waterloo Campus of Wilfrid Laurier University (see this map).
Information regarding accommodation in Waterloo can be found in the Visitor Guide, available online. However, group reservations have been made with the following hotels to offer discounts to the conference participants. Participants should make, as soon as possible, their reservations directly with the hotel (either by phone or by email - the contact information is given below) by quoting the "AMMCS2017 conference" in order to receive the special discounted price.
The cut-off date for the quoted below discounted prices is April 26, 2017. Waterloo, with nearby Kitchener and Cambridge, is an important North American hub of business, located in close proximity to Toronto and the Niagara Falls. Therefore, hotel accommodation is subject to request and limited availability. Reservations are made on the first-come, first-served basis and we highly recommend making your reservation as soon as possible:
- Comfort Inn: (search hotels in Waterloo, ON): $109.99 for single/double occupancy, 1 or 2 Queen size beds, excluding taxes and breakfast, including wireless and parking. Contact: Tel. 1-519-747-9400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waterloo Inn: The Best Daily Room Rate is $134.99+HST per night for single or double occupancy. This rate would be eligible for a Standard Twin Queen Guest Room. All rooms would feature fridges and a single cup Keurig machine. The Hotel offers access to our upgraded Wifi service and complimentary on-site parking. They have a recreation facility that includes an Indoor Salt water pool, hot tub and sauna. Please contact The Inn of Waterloo Front Desk today to book your room. The cut-off Date is Thursday July 20th 2017. Reservation requests receives after 4:00 PM local time at the Hotel on the Cut-off Date will be accepted on a space and rate availability basis. Contact: 519-804-1130. Please quote block AMMCS 2017.
- Delta Waterloo: $149 per night, excluding taxes. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Uptown Waterloo, and close proximity to Wilfrid Laurier University. To make online reservations, please use the following link: Book your group rate for WLU AMMCS Conference. The last day to book a room is 19 June 2017.
- The Waterloo Hotel: $150 for single/double occupancy, 1 or 2 Queen size beds, excluding taxes, including an $8 breakfast voucher, wireless and parking. This hotel is located downtown Waterloo, near restaurants, theaters, shops, and is on the route of the public bus #7 which stops on King Street near the Science Building. Contact: Tel. 1-877-855-1890 Email: email@example.com
- Courtyard by Marriott: Our University rate is $135 including Made-To-Order Breakfast for a Standard Room with 2 Queen beds. We offer complimentary parking, WIFI and shuttle to and from the University. Each of our rooms have a mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave. The Bistro is open for breakfast and dinner. The Bistor has a bar that is open in the evenings. The Courtyard by Marriott is located within walking distance to the St Jacobs Farmers Market, theatre, shopping and restaurants. Free Direct Reservations: 1-800-972-5371, Fax: 519-884-2532 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Waterloo-St.Jacobs: $136 for a King Studio Suite (1 King Bed, 1 Queen size pull out couch), $146 for a 1 Bedroom Queen Suites (2 Queen Beds, 1 Queen size pull out couch). All rooms are suite style with full kitchens. All prices exclude taxes and include a hot buffet breakfast daily, a complimentary dinner Monday-Thursday, WiFi, free parking, and a corporate shuttle to WLU (Subject to availability). Take advantage of our great amenities, such as our swimming pool, fitness centre, outdoor patio/BBQ area and mini golf green. Contact: Telephone. 519-514-0088 extension 5505 - Email: email@example.com
- Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo: Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo is a short driving distance to Wilfrid Laurier, has over 100 local restaurants within walking distance, parking available on site, and the bus terminal is also a short walking distance. Being in the heart of downtown Kitchener we close to all this historic region has to offer. $115 plus taxes for single and double occupancy, and an additional $7 per person. This rate includes a continental breakfast per person. All guestrooms come with complimentary wifi, coffee & tea, and a fridge and microwave. Parking is available on site a discounted rate of $5 per vehicle per night. Phone: 519-744-4141, Fax: 519-744-1314, Reservations: 1-877-408-6665
- Holiday Inn Express: located in the heart of Southern Ontario and is steps to the St. Jacob's Farmer's Market, Antique Market, and Factory Outlet Mall. Our location is just over an hour west of Toronto and is only a short drive from the Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF). We proudly offer complimentary Express Start Breakfast featuring two hot items daily omelets with cheese or scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, and biscuits. 14 Benjamin Road. Book online or call: 1-877-660-8550.
- Summer Accomodations at University of Waterloo The rates are $47.25/night for a Single Room, $66.50/night (or $33.25/person per night) for a Double Room, and $83.20/night single/double occupancy for a Suite with private bath plus applicable taxes. These rates include free overnight parking, free WiFi, daily housekeeping of the common areas along with weekly linen and towel exchange.
- Destination Inn The Best Western Plus Waterloo Hotel and Suites is located about 3.1km away from the conference venue. We arranged a special discount for AMMCS 2017 participants which comes to $119.00/night. Please call the hotel directly to book, using code: 1125. All rooms feature mini fridges and microwaves, as well as access to our WiFi service, Fitness Centre and complimentary on-site parking. A Hot Buffet Breakfast is included in this rate. Contact tel: 519-884-0100.
Further details on Travel and Local Information can be found here.
Accessibility Statement: AMMCS2017 is committed to creating an accessible environment for all.