The IV AMMCS International Conference
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | August 20-25, 2017
Student Prize & Support
Each of the prizes will be judged by a panel that will do its best to attend all relevant student presentations. We are asking students to self-identify themselves during the registration procedure as well as self-identify to the session chair prior to giving a presentation in a special session, minisymposium, or contributed session, in order to be considered for an award. Three separate competitions will be held for undergraduate and graduate students:
- The Best AMMCS 2017 Student Poster.To be eligible, the student must be a co-author of the work presented, a designer of the poster, and a present of the poster during the scheduled poster session(s). This competition will include a short discussion related to the content of the poster with a judging panel. The scheduling for the poster presentations will appear in the final program.
- The Best AMMCS 2017 Student Paper in a Special Session (SS).To be eligible, the student must be a co-author of the work and present it during one of the “SS” Special Sessions or Minisymposia.
- The Best AMMCS 2017 Student Paper in a Contributed Session.To be eligible, the student must be a co-author of the work and present it during one of the Contributed Sessions.
Winners for each will receive a prize package which includes an AMMCS 2017 certificate, a monetary prize of $200, a student copy of Maple (courtesy of Maplesoft), and books (courtesy of CRC Press, Springer and De Gruyter).
Several other awards are available for Young Researchers, including postdoctoral fellows. Follow this link for more details.
We expect a limited number of partial travel scholarships to become available to qualified applicants. In order to apply, please submit:
- cover letter highlighting how you would benefit from attending AMMCS-2017,
- your CV with brief summary of your research interest and accomplishments to date, and
- the abstract of your presentation.
Payment of the above travel scholarship funds and other awards will be made to recipients after they have attended the conference.